The SIBA Scholarship fund was established to provide scholarships for students pursuing a degree in the field of Construction Management / Construction Related Engineering / Architectural / Construction Safety
The minimum requirements for scholarship applicants are as follows and supporting documents should be dated within the current year:
- Have a cumulative minimum grade point average of a 3.0 / 4.0 – please include copy of transcript.
- Have a career goal in the Construction Management / Construction Related Engineering / Architectural / Construction Safety field.
- Submit a personal recommendation from a person unrelated to the applicant within the current year.
- Planning to enroll as a full-time student and maintain full-time student status (12 hour minimum). Part-time students working full-time in the construction industry will be awarded partial awards (written verification from full-time employer required).
- The applicant is required to show evidence that they are related to (as an immediate family member defined as spouse, parents and grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, mother-in-law and father-in-law, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, daughters-in-law and sons-in-law or related by way of legal guardianship) an individual employed full-time by an SIBA Member firm for a minimum of 4 years. Written evidence from employer required within the current year.
- Applicants are to submit a typewritten report (minimum of 500 words) on career goal and what events they have experienced in their life that made them decide to pursue a career in the construction field. Quality of essay will be judged.
- It is our goal to provide a minimum amount of scholarship to be awarded at $1,500.00 for each applicant however actual dollar amount will be determined by available funds and number of qualified applicants.
- Submit a completed application upon a form provided by the SIBA Scholarship Fund to: SIBA, Attention: Scholarship Fund, 1468 N. Green Mount Road, PO Box 1390, O’Fallon, IL 62269; Fax: (618) 624-9065; E-Mail: email@example.com
Check back for information to apply