The Southern Illinois Builders Association, Safety & Crime Prevention Committee and the Southern Illinois Construction Advancement Program are pleased to offer three $1500 scholarships for students pursuing a degree in the field of Construction Management.
In Order to be eligible, students must:
- Write a short (1-2 page) paper on construction safety and submit to the SIBA Safety and Crime Prevention Committee
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 / 4.0 grade point average (GPA) when applying for the scholarship
- Have a full-time student status
- Be enrolled in a Construction Management program at Southwestern Illinois College, John A. Logan College, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, or Carpentry Occupations at Kaskaskia College
Students chosen for the scholarship must:
- Attend monthly Safety and Crime Prevention Committee meetings and maintain adhere to the same attendance as other SIBA committee members (this requirement may be relaxed for students at John A. Logan College)
- Take part in a full day ride along with an SIBA Member's safety manager to observe/mentor safety walk-throughs, JSA's, TBT's, etc. and to get exposure to the industry.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA during the scholarship semester
- Maintain full-time student status
- Prepare short (5-10 minute) presentation on experiences and knowledge learned throughout the year at the end of the award period
Papers should be e-mailed to John Holt at email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
Click here for additional information